What happened to me here:
- My body feels like a system now, rather than a bunch of meat objects held together by strings.
- My face was the only part of me not massaged, and now it feels all heavy and weird.
- The masseuse had to rub like billy-oh on my upper neck and shoulder blades (both sides). It would make sense that someone who lived in her head for most of her life would put so much effort into keeping her head rigid and immobile.
- I could feel that my ego didn't want some of that tension to go away. The Reichian idea of "character armour" just became real to me.
- They had a book on the Alexander Technique in reception, which seems like a positive synchronicity. On the other hand, the proprietor had many impressive-looking diplomas from "Life University", which didn't impress me much. I remember when I got my tattoo, and the artist had a diploma from "the National Tattoo Club of the World", which looked even sillier.